What is MU Healthe?
MU Healthe is a way to access trustworthy health information, communicate via secure messaging with your health providers, manage appointments and prescriptions and track your personal health history.
Why use MU Healthe rather than other types of electronic communication?
MU Healthe is the only approved and completely secure messaging system for University of Missouri health care providers. In order to maintain privacy and to comply with HIPAA regulations UM Health Care providers will be using MU Healthe to communicate electronically with patients.
What is HIPAA?
The Administrative Simplification provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA, Title II) required the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish national standards for electronic health care transactions and national identifiers for providers, health plans, and employers.
It also addressed the security and privacy of health data.
How to get started with MU Healthe
- You may register online or in your provider's office for MU Healthe.
- Once they have registered you, an email will be sent to your account with detailed instructions on how to build your account.
- That email contains a confirmation code. Simply click on that code to be directed to the webpage.
- Building your new account is a 3-step process.
- First, you will enter some personal information to verify your account.
- Second, you will create your username and password.
- Once these pieces are complete, your new MU Healthe account will be ready.
Click here to view more about getting started with MU Healthe.
Click here to register for MU Healthe.
If you have trouble logging into your account or accessing the link, our Support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (877) 621-8014.