forYOU Team - Caring for Our Own
MU Cares forYOU
Operational since 2007, the forYOU Team is sponsored by University of Missouri Health System (MUHS) under the direction of the Office of Clinical Effectiveness (OCE) to support second victims within our health system network. The forYOU Team provides a form of 'emotional first aid' specifically designed to provide crisis support and stress management interventions for particularly stressful clinical events such as traumatic clinical events, failure of rescue efforts following prolonged intervention, adverse patient outcome related to a medical error, the death of a child, and any other event that is unusually emotionally challenging and stressful in our healthcare environment.
Available support includes:
- Health care clinicians (MDs, nurses, RT, and managers) who have been specifically trained to assist staff in this type of situation.
- forYOU brochures are available for staff and family members to help them better understand what the staff member may be experiencing.
- Additional resources include patient safety, risk management, chaplains, Employee Assistance Program and a clinical psychologist when peer support is not sufficient.
- 24-hour pager access to a forYOU team leader: (573) 397-0044
- Send email message to team leads.