Steps To A Healthier Heart Challenge
University of Missouri Health Care and Tiger Institute are challenging you to take Steps to a Healthier Heart for Heart Month! Five teams of four will compete to record the most steps walked by the team in the week prior to the Heart of the Tiger MU women's basketball game on Feb. 28, 2013.
To be selected as one of the teams:
- Submit an application by noon Feb. 11 and let us know why your team wants to take steps toward better heart health.
- MU Health Care will select 10 teams to advance to Facebook voting.
- Facebook voting to select the competing teams will be held Feb. 11-14. The five teams with the most votes will advance to compete in the steps challenge.
- Each competing team participant will be given a Fitbit Zip (a $59.95 value) and entry to the 7 p.m. Feb. 28 Mizzou vs. South Carolina game at Mizzou Arena. Steps will automatically be tracked during the week's Steps Challenge Feb. 20-26.
- The winning team will be announced during halftime at the Mizzou women's basketball game with an on-court presentation.
- Prizes for the winning team members will include gift certificates to local restaurants and entry to an upcoming local race.