- Collaborated with a multi-disciplinary health care team to improve the inpatient care provided to patients diagnosed with diabetes.
- Managed a pilot community paramedicine program, which utilized paramedics to provide medical support for targeted patient populations.
- Organized a series of readmission reduction initiatives in the department of family medicine.
Finance & Business Development
- Developed business plans and pro forma financial statements in the areas of ambulance operations, pharmacy and nursing recruitment.
- Assisted in the organization of MU Health’s Quarterly Operating Reviews, a series of meetings that examine each service line’s financial and operational viability.
- Assisted in the development of an innovative employee performance evaluation process, which removed an employee ranking system in an effort to develop greater employee engagement and growth.
- Established a recruiting collaborative of nursing schools and hospitals in Central Missouri in order to increase nursing school enrollment.
- Developed an employee training program designed to further the development of front line employees in areas of organizational need.
- Developed an inpatient video monitoring system to maintain patient safety while improving organizational staffing efficiency.
- Adapted best-practices for oncology through MU Health’s collaboration with MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Analyzed the pharmacy chemotherapy ordering and compounding process to identify deficiencies and implement best practice measures.
- Participated in MU Health’s project-based Performance Improvement Leadership Development Program, a training initiative for emerging talent. Projects included transitions to post-acute care, clinic scheduling, and readmission reduction of congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Evaluated options to improve University Hospital's medication distribution process.
- Created an annual internal survey of supporting service departments’ performance.
- Conducted interim assignments as practice managers for psychiatry clinics, digestive health clinic and endoscopy labs.
- Responsibilities include managing the patient experience, development of annual budget, ensuring adequate staffing, etc.