Primary Investigator: Richard Webel, MD
Study Coordinator: Jane Spencer, RN
Status: Active - open to enrollment
Study Title: Treatment with ADP Receptor Inhibitors: Longitudinal assessment of treatment patterns and events after acute coronary syndrome
Purpose: The primary objectives of this observational study in NSTEMI or STEMI patients managed with percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and initiated on ADP receptor inhibitor therapy are to:
1. Compare prasugrel to other ADP receptor inhibitor therapy on associated MACE defined as a composite of all-cause death, myocardial infarction (MI), stroke, or unplanned coronary revascularization through 12 months.
2. Determine factors associated with initial ADP receptor inhibitor selection at enrollment and longitudinal patterns of use through 12 months.
1. ≥18 years of age.
2. Have been diagnosed with NSTEMI or STEMI treated with a PCI during the index hospitalization.
3. Have been initiated (or continued) on ADP receptor inhibitor therapy before discharge.
4. Have been fully informed and are able to provide written consent for longitudinal follow-up and data collection.
1. Are simultaneously participating in a research study that directs choice of either an investigational or approved ADP receptor inhibitor within the first 12 months after MI.
1. Determine if patient fits major study criteria.
2. Determine if patient is interested in joining a clinical trial.
3. Call Jane Spencer (beeper: 573-397-0554) and/or on-call research nurse (on-call beeper 573-499-8084) or Dr. Webel to complete screening of subject.