Chest Pain Center Accreditation
University Hospital's speed and efficiency at treating patients with chest pain and heart attack symptoms has earned the hospital prestigious Cycle III accreditation with PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) from the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
University Hospital received Cycle I accreditation in 2007, Cycle II accreditation in 2009 and Cycle III accreditation in 2012.
Areas where University Hospital excelled included:
- Integration of the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Rapid assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Effective treatment for patients at low risk for acute coronary syndrome with no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continual improvement of processes and procedures
- Competency and training of staff
- Organizational structure and commitment
- A functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Support of community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack