Volunteer at Children's Hospital
As a Child Life volunteer, you play an important role in providing recreational, educational and emotional support to patients and their families. Your primary function is to assist Child Life Specialists in providing diversion activities that support normal growth and development for hospitalized children and adolescents. With your help, we hope to promote a positive sense of self-esteem and a positive hospital experience for our patients.
- Work with children individually and in groups in the playroom or at bedside
- Supervise activities within the playroom
- Provide sensitivity and positive reinforcement to hospitalized children
- Provide Playroom maintenance and clean up during scheduled shift
- Ensure the safety of all pediatric patients in the playroom
- Communicate with Child Life specialists in order to discuss the census and other issues concerning your shift
- Various other tasks assigned by Child Life specialists
For more information about volunteering at Children's Hospital, please contact the Child Life Program at (573) 219-4264.
Visit the University of Missouri Health Care volunteer page.