The Pediatric Infectious Disease Center at MU Children's Hospital is devoted to the diagnosis, treatment and overall care of children suffering from infectious diseases of all types. We offer the most qualified and experienced pediatric infectious disease specialist in mid-Missouri, and care for kids and adolescents on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. We also offer twenty-four hour telephone consulting services with a Board Certified Pediatric Infectious Diseases specialist, available to hospitals and primary care physicians.
Our center combines leading-edge health care with a kid-friendly, personalized touch. Here, you will find a dedicated expert who knows how to examine and treat children. Everything we do is geared toward kids, from recognizing the symptoms and signs related to infectious diseases in children to making sure we offer a warm, inviting atmosphere where children of all ages will feel at ease.
Our expert team is lead by Michael Cooperstock, MD, MPH, and division chief of Pediatric Infectious Disease at Children's Hospital. Cooperstock is board certified in both pediatrics and pediatric infectious diseases. He has also completed a fellowship in infectious diseases and earned a masters degree in public health. His unique set of expertise and experience makes him exceptionally qualified to direct our pediatric infectious diseases team.
Examples of Illnesses We Treat
- Frequent or persistent infections, unexplained fevers or fatigue
- Frequent or persistent fevers
- Recurrent Staphylococcus infections
- Tick borne infections
Infections of sinuses, lung, intestine, kidneys, bone, and joints
During Your Initial Visit, We Will
- Gather and review an in-depth patient history
- Review and assess all related health issues
- Discuss possible environmental factors where appropriate
- Provide a diagnostic plan appropriate to the findings
- Provide a complete health care management plan
- Give our best estimate of the anticipated course
- Provide a letter to both the family and the child's primary physician explaining our diagnosis and recommended treatment plan
After the initial visit, we will continue to follow your child's progress. We do everything we can to make follow-ups and continued care as easy as possible. We can even manage our patients health by phone or e-mail whenever possible.
Where We Are
Children's Hospital Specality Clinic
402 Keene St., Suite 101
Columbia, MO 65201
To make an appointment, please call (573) 882-6921