Living Beyond Breast Cancer
As you complete your cancer treatment, you might be thinking about what happens next. Returning to everyday life can be challenging.
Ellis Fischel Cancer Center is dedicated to helping survivors live their lives to the fullest after breast cancer treatment. We've developed a unique breast cancer survivorship clinic designed exclusively for you, the breast cancer patient. In our survivorship clinic, you will meet with our specially trained advanced practice nurse, a cancer rehabilitation therapist and a dietician, all in one private visit. You'll have the opportunity to address survivorship concerns such as emotional, physical, sexual and relationship issues.
Benefits of participating in the survivorship clinic include:
- A personalized treatment summary for you and your primary care physician
- Tips for managing long-term side effects and late effects related to treatment
- Nutrition and exercise recommendations
- Access to local and national resources that address survivorship issues
- Recommendations for future health observation guidelines
- Education and coordination of follow-up care with your primary care physician and oncologist
To learn more about our survivorship clinic or to make an appointment, please call (573) 882-2100.