Spring break is a great time to escape with family and friends. Have a blast and stay safe by thinking about the following sun and beach safety tips.
Keep healthy in the sun by remembering the following:
- Always wear sunscreen. Waterproof sunscreen is best for swimming. Try the sunscreen on, checking for allergies, and be sure to keep lotion out of your eyes.
- Wear clothes that will keep you cool and sun-safe.
- Wear hats with bills facing forward to shield your eyes and protect your face from sun-burn.
- If sunburn results in fever, burns, or other serious conditions immediately contact a doctor.
Now that your skin is taken care of, let's review a few tips for the beach:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do not swim alone.
- Keep a watch for rip currents and avoid those areas in the water.
- Always swim in the designated swimming area.
- Find shelter in the case of bad weather. Stay dry and safe.
- Watch out for traffic in the water such as fellow swimmers and boats.
By keeping safe in the sun and the water, you will be sure to enjoy your vacation!