What are the symptoms of MS?
The symptoms of MS are erratic. They may be mild or severe, of long duration or short. They may appear in various combinations, depending on the area of the nervous system affected. The following are the most common symptoms of MS. Each individual may experience symptoms differently.
Initial symptoms of MS:
- Blurred or double vision
- Difficulty walking
- Pain and loss of vision due to optic neuritis, an inflammation of the optic nerve
- Paresthesia - abnormal sensation, or pain, such as numbness, prickling, or "pins and needles"
- Red-green color distortion
Other symptoms of MS:
- Throughout the course of the illness, an individual may experience any/all of the following symptoms, to a varying degree:
- Bowel and bladder disturbances
- Changes in sexual function
- Difficulty with coordination (impaired walking or standing may result; partial or complete paralysis is possible)
- Fatigue (this may be triggered by physical activity, but may subside with rest; constant, persistent fatigue is possible)
- Hearing loss
- Loss of sensation
- Muscle weakness in the extremities
- Spasticity - the involuntary increased tone of muscles leading to stiffness and spasms.
- Speech impediments
Approximately 50 percent of all people with MS experience cognitive impairments related to their disease. The effects of these impairments may be mild, often detectable only after comprehensive testing, and may include difficulty with any/all of the following:
- Poor judgment
To schedule an appointment with one of our multiple sclerosis specialists, please call (573) 882-1515.
,Jewellery UK Online
,Digital Camera Reviews
,Digital Camera Buying Guide
,Cheap WoW Gold
,Buy WoW Gold
,Diablo 3 Gold
,Diablo 3 Power Leveling
,Guild Wars 2 Gold
,Guild Wars 2 Power Leveling
,WoW Gold Kaufen