Patient Satisfaction Survey
What is the patient satisfaction survey?
At University of Missouri Health Care, we believe your hospital stay should be as pleasant as possible. We know you would rather be at home, but while you are in our hospitals or clinics, we want to do everything we can to give you the best care and best experience.
We survey all hospital patients within 10 days of the day they leave our hospitals. We survey approximately 9 percent of all our clinic patients within a week of their visits.
Hospital patients evaluate their experience in several categories, and clinic patients are asked similar questions. The questions fall under sections including:
- Your care from nurses
- Your care from doctors
- The hospital or clinic environment
- Your experiences in this hospital or clinic
- When you left the hospital or clinic
- Overall rating of the hospital or clinic
- Admission into the hospital or clinic
- Hospital or clinic staff
- Going home
How are we doing?
We've used input from thousands of University of Missouri Health Care patients to improve the patient care experience in our hospitals and clinics. Our scores have improved since we began surveying our patients in 2000.
What are doing to improve?
Since we introduced our Service Excellence program in 2004, we have developed a number of programs to improve patient satisfaction. Our improvements include:
- At Your Service hospitality program
- patient- and family-centered care training for all staff
- nurse hourly rounding
- more private rooms
- a hospitality hotline for patients and families
- greeters and volunteers in hospital lobbies to help with wayfinding
- improved patient transport service at discharge
- room service and menu dining
- valet parking
- upgraded television systems
- quicker room repairs
- upgraded bed linens
- free wireless Internet
Read more about how we are improving our patient satisfaction.
More patient- and family-centered care measurements
Back to Patient- and Family-centered Care