Improving Our Patient Satisfaction
Our patient and family satisfaction scores have been steadily improving since we began surveying, but our goal is to reach the highest scores possible. Here's a bit about what we have been doing to improve:
Focusing on patients and families
Our vision for University of Missouri Health Care, which is set out in our strategic plan for 2011-2015, calls for University of Missouri Health Care, through discovery and innovation, to be the model health care provider for exemplary patient- and family-centered care. To achieve this vision, the health system has:
- Changed our process for the transportation of patients being discharged from our hospitals. Now patients are transported through our At Your Service hospitality program
- Created a systemwide Patient Family Advisory Council committed to identifying opportunities for improving the patient and family experience at University of Missouri Health Care
- Established a Guest Relations department to address any patient or family concerns
- Introduced a quick-response program to ensure room repairs, housekeeping and temperature issues are addressed through the At Your Service hospitality program
Building for the future of health care
A critical part of creating a satisfactory hospital experience is creating a satisfactory environment. Here are some of our recent environment-improvement initiatives:
- Our new patient care tower, which opened in March 2013, added 90 new private rooms to University Hospital.
- Renovations at University Hospital added approximately 70 private patient rooms in summer 2012.
- With the opening of MU Women's and Children's Hospital and the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute in 2010, all children's rooms, obstetric rooms and orthopaedic surgery rooms are now private.
- We introduced room service dining for patients at all our hospitals
- We provide sleeper sofas and chairs for families at Women's and Children's Hospital.
More Patient- and Family-centered Care Measurements
Back to Patient- and Family-centered Care