UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI HEALTH CARE STUDENT NURSE EXTERNSHIP
2015 application process is now closed.
University of Missouri Health Care offers 12 week student nurse extern opportunities each summer for nursing students within one year of graduation from an accredited nursing school looking to gain valuable professional experience!
- Provide an opportunity for student nurses to increase nursing skills and knowledge through clinical practice with a professional nurse preceptor.
- Provide student nurses with a role model for the practice of professional nursing.
- Provide clinical experience to assist with the transition from student nurse to professional nurse.
- Applicants must be within one year of graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Please mail or attach a copy of grades or transcript to your application.
- Two instructor references submitted by the instructors prior to interviews.
- AHA BLS for healthcare providers is required. If hired, must supply card during new hire paperwork prior to start date.
Applications are accepted in January/February for that summer.
For More Information, contact:
One Hospital Drive
Columbia, MO 65212
(573) 882-9084 or (800) 622-6914
(573) 882-8188 FAX