LOOKING FOR A VALUABLE, PROFESSIONAL NURSING EXPERIENCE?
University of Missouri Health Care is offering 12 week student nurse extern opportunities for nursing students within one year of graduation from an accredited nursing school looking to gain valuable professional experience! Upon successful completion of the externship nursing students have an opportunity to continue as a CTA-C and be given special consideration for GN positions!
- Provide an opportunity for student nurses to increase nursing skills and knowledge through clinical practice with a professional nurse preceptor.
- Provide student nurses with a role model for the practice of professional nursing.
- Provide clinical experience to assist with the transition from student nurse to professional nurse.
- Applicants must be within one year of graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Please mail or attach a copy of grades or transcript to your application.
- Completion of application by February 10, 2017.
- Submit a completed "Areas of Interest" form
- Two instructor references submitted through reference checking system
- Attend an in person interview. The interview dates are 03/01/2017 and 03/02/2017.
- AHA BLS for healthcare providers is required. If hired, must supply card during new hire paperwork prior to start date.
- $13.00 per hour
- Shift Differential
Dates / Deadlines
- Application deadline – February 10, 2017
- Interview dates – March 1 and March 2, 2017
- Program Start Date – mid-May 2017
- Program length – 12 weeks
Application Materials – must be completed by 02/10/2017
For more information, contact:
One HOspital Drive
Columbia, MO 65212
573-882-9084 or (800) 622-6914