2015 Student Nurse Extern
LOOKING FOR A VALUABLE, PROFESSIONAL NURSING EXPERIENCE?
University of Missouri Health Care is offering 12 week student nurse extern opportunities for nursing students within one year of graduation from an accredited nursing school looking to gain valuable professional experience!
Applications are typically accepted in January/February for that summer.
- Provide an opportunity for student nurses to increase nursing skills and knowledge through clinical practice with a professional nurse preceptor.
- Provide student nurses with a role model for the practice of professional nursing.
- Provide clinical experience to assist with the transition from student nurse to professional nurse.
- Applicants must be within one year of graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Please mail or attach a copy of grades or transcript to your application.
- Completion of application by February 16, 2015.
- Submit a completed “Areas of Interest” form
- Two instructor references submitted by the instructors prior to interviews
- Attend a personal interview. The interview dates are 03/04/15 and 03/05/15.
- AHA BLS for healthcare providers is required. If hired, must supply card during new hire paperwork prior to start date.
- Application deadline – February 16, 2015
- Interview dates – March 4 and March 5, 2015
- Program Start Date – mid May 2015
Application Materials – must be completed by 02/16/2015