Duration/Type: 12-month residency
Number of positions: 1
Starting Date: July 1
Estimated Stipend: $45,000
Interview Required: Yes
The University of Missouri Health Care’s Pharmacy Internal Medicine residency is a postgraduate year two (PGY2) training program. It is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). The program offers a one-year position alongside three PGY1 pharmacy co-residents.
There are eight required rotational experiences and three elective rotations offered throughout the residential year. One week will be dedicated to scholarship activities (typically the week before the Midyear Clinical Meeting), while one week will be reserved for the Midyear meeting. Lastly, the resident will be engaged in three longitudinal experiences including an outpatient heart failure clinic, chairing a medication safety committee and leadership.
- Orientation (4 weeks)
- Adult Medicine (20 weeks)
- Infectious Disease (5 weeks)
- Critical Care: Medical Intensive Care Unit (5 weeks)
- Clinical Management (4 weeks)
- Leadership (longitudinal experience, monthly)
- Medication Safety - MERT Committee Chair (longitudinal experience, monthly)
- Outpatient Heart Failure Clinic (longitudinal experience, one half-day clinic per week)
- Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Other Medicine Subspecialties, such as Nephrology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, etc.
The resident will staff every fourth weekend and one four-hour evening shift each week.
- Be a graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education-accredited pharmacy program with a doctor of pharmacy degree
- Completed a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Be licensed or eligible for pharmacist licensure in the state of Missouri
How to Apply
The preferred method of application submission is through the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS).
- ASHP code: 64020
- Program Match Code: 688456
An applicant must provide:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Official pharmacy school transcript
- Three written letters of recommendation (one must be from your PGY1 program director)
Program mailing address:
PGY2 Internal Medicine Residency Program
University of Missouri Health Care
One Hospital Dr., DC060.00
Columbia, MO 65212
Residency positions are filled according to the rules of the National Matching Service (NMS). An on-site interview is required. During this interview, candidates give a 30-minute presentation of their choosing to preceptors and pharmacy staff.
For more information or questions about the PGY2 program, please contact:
Ryan Camden, PharmD, BCPS
PGY2 Residency Program Director
Jordan Anderson, PharmD, BCPS
Residency Programs Coordinator