On behalf of our patients and families, thank you for considering a donation. A gift of toys, games or activity supplies can make a big difference to children and families spending time in the hospital. Toys and child-appropriate gift items are needed throughout the year. If you are considering a donation of toys and gifts to MU Children’s Hospital below are the criteria that we ask you to follow when making your toy donations to help us maintain patient safety and well-being.
What can be donated
- To prevent infection, we only accept new items/toys.
- Toys that are sturdy and free of any parts which may pinch.
- All craft materials that are non-toxic (e.g., markers, glue, paint)
- Stuffed animals that are brand new and recently bought from the store
- Movies G, PG, PG-13 Rating
- Wii games, Playstation 3 & 4 games; Xbox 360 games
What cannot be donated
- We cannot accept stuffed toys/animals that have not been recently purchased from a store
- Toys which can break easily and have sharp edges
- Toy guns, knives, weapons, etc.
- Food, beverages or candy
- Latex balloons
- Used toys
Here you will find some of the most-needed items:
- Crayons, coloring books, markers, colored pencils, Barbie’s, action figures, hotwheel cars, animals, dinosaurs, journals, small lego kits, stress balls, wooden crafts
Due to limited space in our hospital to store all of the generous toys and gifts, we appreciate when donors hold a “Gift Card Drive” for our patients, instead of a traditional toy drive. Our patients enjoy gift cards to Walmart, Best Buy, Target, iTunes, and Toys-R-Us
Delivery of Donations
You may drop off your donation at MU Women’s and Children’s Hospital Lobby Front Desk at 404 Keene St. Columbia, MO 65201
If you have further questions, please contact:
Merideth Lehman, M.Ed., CCLS
Child Life and Music Therapy Program Coordinator
Journey’s Program Coordinator
MU Women’s and Children's Hospital
404 Keene Street
Columbia, Mo. 65212