Telehealth Love and Care (TLC) is a free video service allowing parents and guardians to use a computer to see their babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Women's and Children's Hospital when they cannot be at the hospital.
To get started:
- Complete the online account form.
- Once the form is received, we will create your account and email you instructions.
- To start a call with your baby:
- Open the email instructions
- Call the NICU parent hotline at 800-795-5070 and ask for a video call with your baby
- The NICU staff will assist you in making the call
- The NICU staff will place the camera on your baby's incubator for 30 minutes
- Enjoy taking to and watching your baby
What you will need:
- A computer
- A webcam
- High-speed internet
- An email address
You will be provided with an account. If you do not have the equipment, you can still participate by going to your local library.
This project is funded through the Children's Miracle Network radiothon, the Missouri Telehealth Network, and MOREnet. As such, it is free of charge for the parents or guardians of babies in the NICU at Children's Hospital. The goal of the project is not to give clinical care through video, but to let the moms and dads of NICU patients have the chance to see, hear and talk to their babies while the babies are in the hospital.