Missouri Orthopaedic Institute to Host Seminar For "The Lifelong Runner -- Protecting Your Body Mile After Mile"
COLUMBIA, Mo. - Sports medicine experts from the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute will offer advice for runners of all ages and abilities at a free seminar from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, in the institute's fourth floor conference room at 1100 Virginia Ave. in Columbia.
"Knowledge Now: The Lifelong Runner - Protecting Your Body Mile After Mile," will offer tips for training and improving performance, advice about preventing and recognizing injuries, and information on the latest surgical and non-operative treatments for common runners' injuries.
Missouri Orthopaedic Institute physicians participating in the seminar will include:
- James Stannard, M.D., an MU Health Care orthopaedic surgeon, chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the MU School of Medicine and J. Vernon Luck Sr. Distinguished Professor
- Seth Sherman, M.D., an MU Health Care orthopaedic surgeon and assistant professor of orthopaedic surgery
- Richard Ma, M.D., an MU Health Care orthopaedic surgeon and assistant professor of orthopaedic surgery
- Aaron Gray, M.D., an MU Health Care sports medicine physician and assistant professor of family and community medicine
- Tiffany Bohon, M.D., an MU Health Care sports medicine physician and assistant professor of family and community medicine
- David Echelmeyer, M.P.T., an MU Health Care physical therapists.
Space is limited, so please register at (573) 882-3104. Free valet parking will be available at the front entrance to the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute.