Media Advisory: New Ellis Fischel ‘Mamm Van’ Will Bring 3-D Technology to Rural Missouri
Ellis Fischel Cancer Center has a new mobile mammography van equipped with 3-D breast screening technology. The “mamm van” travels throughout rural Missouri, providing life-saving breast health screenings to women in need. Tours of the new van will be available during the event.
- Cheri Fortman, an employee at the Boonville Caterpillar Inc. plant and patient who has used Ellis Fischel’s mobile mammography service
- Davida Layer, chair of the David B. Lichtenstein Foundation
- David Parker, executive director of Ellis Fischel Cancer Center
- Kevin Staveley-O’Carroll, MD, PhD, director of Ellis Fischel Cancer Center and chair of the University of Missouri School of Medicine Hugh E. Stephenson Jr., MD, Department of Surgery
- Mitch Wasden, chief executive officer of University of Missouri Health Care
10 a.m. Thursday, April 7, 2016
The circle drive on the east side of Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, One Hospital Drive
Event parking is available in the Virginia Avenue Parking Structure. Media interested in attending the event should contact Derek Thompson at 573-882-3323 or firstname.lastname@example.org.