Safe Kids Offering Safety-themed Summer Camps for Children
COLUMBIA, Mo. ― University of Missouri Children’s Hospital will host Safe Kids Camp Amazing, a series of safety-themed summer camps for children 3 to 8 years old, each week between June 17 and July 30. Each camp session lasts three hours and features a safety topic.
The summer safety camps will be held in the conference center at MU Women’s and Children’s Hospital at 404 Keene St.
Space is limited to 20 kids per camp, and adults must accompany the children. All camps include activities, games, crafts, snacks and outdoor time. The camp costs $15 per week for the first camper and $10 per week for each sibling, or children can attend all seven camp sessions for $70 per child. Children who attend at least five sessions will receive a fun-filled goody bag.
Camp sessions and themes include:
- Week 1: “Luau” water safety from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 17
- Week 2: “I Scream for Ice Cream” bike safety from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, June 23
- Week 3: “Heroes in the Home” home safety from 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 1
- Week 4: “Game On” sports safety from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 7
- Week 5: “Grand Prix” child passenger safety from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday, July 16
- Week 6: “Ranger Rodeo” outside and farm safety from 9 a.m. to noon Monday, July 20
- Week 7: “Walk the Plank” pedestrian safety from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday, July 30
To register for Safe Kids Camp Amazing, contact Sheila Robertson, injury prevention and safety outreach coordinator at MU Children’s Hospital, at 573-875-9216. Learn more about Safe Kids Columbia at www.muhealth.org/safekids.
Download the Camp Amazing Form