MU Health Care Clinics Receive National Accreditation
COLUMBIA, Mo. — Nine University of Missouri Health Care clinics around mid-Missouri have received the highest level of recognition for their patient-centered care from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
The MU Health Care clinics all were recognized as patient-centered medical homes. The "medical home" is a model of primary care that is patient-centered, comprehensive, team based, coordinated, accessible, and focused on quality and safety.
To achieve Level 3 accreditation as a patient-centered medical home, the following clinics went through a rigorous comprehensive review:
· University Physicians-Fairview General Internal Medicine Clinic
· University Physicians-Woodrail Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
· University Physicians-Keene Family Medicine Clinic
· University Physicians-Green Meadows Clinics
· University Physicians-Smiley Lane
· University Physicians-Woodrail Family Medicine Clinic
· University Physicians-Fayette Medical Clinic
· University Physicians-Callaway Physicians
· University Physicians-Green Meadows Pediatric Primary Care
“MU Health Care focuses on high-quality, efficient, patient-centered care," said Hal Williamson Jr., M.D., executive vice chancellor of health affairs. "We are glad our success in these areas is being recognized at a national level. This accreditation from a national organization with a reputation for setting high standards has been made possible by excellent team work among the School of Medicine's Department of Family and Community Medicine, the Department of Medicine, the Department of Child Health, University Physicians practice plan and MU Health Care."
The accreditation will last for three years, during this time, additional on-site audits and performance checks may be conducted.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance is a not-for-profit organization that tracks quality of care through reviews and annual reports. According to NCQA, 10 percent of U.S. primary care practices — which is about 7,000 office sites around the country — have earned the NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition.