Our patient portal, MU Healthe is an online secure tool to help connect users to MU Health Care's providers and medical services. Once you have an account set up you will be able to:
- View your lab results, including radiology and pathology reports
- View your physician clinic notes
- Secure message your medical team
- Request prescription refills
- Access you or your child's immunization history
- Manage your appointments
- Submit feedback
To get started either log in to your MU Healthe account or create an account.
If you have trouble logging in, call our support team. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 877-621-8014.
Why use MU Healthe rather than other types of electronic communication?
MU Healthe is the only approved and completely secure messaging system for University of Missouri health care providers. In order to maintain privacy and comply with HIPAA regulations, MU Health Care providers use MU Healthe to communicate electronically with patients. When a patient visits an MU Health Care clinic, the health care team records various details of the visit. This record serves as a summary for providers, and now patients, to reference. These notes can include clinical observations, diagnostic test results and other details of a patient’s care. These notes are automatically synced with MU Healthe, allowing patients to log on to view them after the provider has completed his or her documentation.
What is HIPAA?
The Administrative Simplification provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA, Title II) required the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish national standards for electronic health care transactions and national identifiers for providers, health plans and employers.
It also addressed the security and privacy of health data.
How to get started with MU Healthe
- You may register online or in your provider's office for MU Healthe.
- Once they have registered you, an email will be sent to your account with detailed instructions on how to build your account.
- That email contains a confirmation code. Simply click on that code to be directed to the webpage.
- Building your new account is a 3-step process.
- First, you will enter some personal information to verify your account.
- Second, you will create your username and password.
- Once these pieces are complete, your new MU Healthe account will be ready.
Click here to view more about getting started with MU Healthe.