At Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, our breast care team has advanced, specialized training in all aspects of breast health. We provide our patients with a multispecialty team of physicians, nurses, diagnostic radiology professionals and many other health experts, providing comprehensive care for women with routine breast health needs as well as those diagnosed with breast cancer.
One important part of breast health is regular screenings. Self exams aren’t enough; mammograms can detect a lump 2 years before you even feel one. In fact, regular mammograms increase your breast cancer survival rate by 30%. They only take 30 minutes, and Ellis Fischel makes scheduling one easy.
Choose from four convenient locations for mammography screening including Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, South Providence Medical Park, Women’s and Children’s Hospital, and our Mammography Van. Extended hours are available throughout the month of October at select locations. Call 573-882-8511 to schedule your mammogram today.
Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer
- Nipple changes
- A breast lump or thickening that feels different from surrounding tissue
- Bloody discharge from the nipple
- Change in the size or shape of your breasts
- Changes in the skin over the breast, such as dimpling
- Inverted nipple
- Peeling, scaling or flaking of the nipple or breast skin
- Sores on the chest wall that won’t go away
- Redness or pitting of the skin over the breast; may resemble an orange peel
- Persistent pain or tenderness in a specific location of the breast
- Lump or thickening of tissue under the arm or collarbone
- Breast swelling
No symptoms? You should still screen anyway
Breast cancer is not always associated with signs and symptoms. The risk of breast cancer increases in women ages 55 and older. Ellis Fischel Cancer Center recommends you have a regular screening mammogram and clinical breast examination beginning at age 40. Call 573-882-8511 to schedule your mammogram today.