Many travelers have difficulty sorting through pertinent health requirements while planning trips abroad, but it’s important to stay up to date and be informed so you’re not unnecessarily exposed to unfamiliar diseases that are usually preventable.
Travel Connections at MU Health Care's Fairview General Internal Medicine Clinic is a resource that helps medically prepare adults and children for international travel. Services offered at Travel Connections can help ensure a safe and illness-free trip. No referral is necessary.
- Immunizations for adults and children
- Prescriptions for malaria prevention and treatment of traveler's diarrhea
- Proper health paper work for entry into other countries
- Information on environmental conditions including water, food, insect-borne diseases and weather
- Listing of important phone numbers and locations of U.S. Embassies
- How to manage chronic illnesses such as diabetes while traveling
- How to address the special needs of children
Click here for Patient Questionnaire
Medical fees for travel are not typically covered by health insurance. Payment — cash, check or credit card — is due at the time of service.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 573-882-4590. For general travel health information visit www.tripprep.com or cdc.gov/travel.