We treat all diseases that are considered neuromuscular including Muscular Dystrophy. Our physicians and staff are dedicated to helping you. We even offer a dedicated Muscular Dystrophy Clinic three Fridays of every month. This means you can meet with our physicians, occupational therapists, orthotists, nutritionist, respiratory therapist and a representative from the MDA in one visit. By offering this group of experts we ensure that you will receive the best treatment.
What are neuromuscular diseases?
Disorders that affect diverse parts of the nervous systems involved in muscle control or the recognition of skin peripheral stimuli as different sensations. They can involve different levels: brain, spinal cord, nerve, neuromuscular junction or muscle.
Neuromuscular diseases we treat include:
Motor neuron disorders:
- Kennedy's disease
- Spinal muscle atrophy
- Autoimmune neuropathies
- Chemotherapy-related neuropathies
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Inherited neuropathies: Charcot Marie Tooth (CMT)
- Nutritional deficiency neuropathy: B12, B6, B1
- Small-fiber neuropathy
- Toxic neuropathy: alcohol, heavy metals
- Brachial plexopathies
- Lumbosacral plexopathies
Neuromuscular junction disorders:
- Congenital myasthenic syndromes
- Lambert Eaton myasthenic syndrome
- Myasthenia gravis
- Congenital myopathies
- Inflammatory myopathies: dermatomyositis, polymyositis, inclusion body myositis
- Metabolic myopathies: McArdle disease
- Muscular dystrophies: Duchenne, Becker's myotonic dystrophy, FSHD, Emery-dreyfuss, others
- Myotonic disorders
- Cramp-fasciculation syndrome
- Stiff-person syndrome
To schedule an appointment with one of our neuromuscular specialists, please call (573) 882-1515.