The Joint Camp program at the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute is designed to educate hip and knee surgery patients and their families to make surgery, recovery and rehabilitation easier to understand, and to work together toward a successful outcome from an operation. Our team and staff will help you recover and get back on your feet.
As a Joint Camp participant, you will:
- Learn about joint anatomy, exercises, medications and pain control. If you are interested, we have classes describing physical therapy, occupational therapy, assistive devices like crutches and walkers, and other matters relating to your surgery.
- Meet other patients undergoing similar surgery.
- Tour the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute.
- Meet nurses and other professionals who specialize in hip and knee surgery.
- Participate in group activities with similar patients.
- Educate your loved ones so they can be part of your recovery team.
Classes are led by a registered nurse. You also will hear from an inpatient registered nurse, physical and occupational therapists and a social worker.
Joint Camp is offered Monday thru Thursday with two sessions to choose from:
- 8:15am-12:15pm (no break for lunch)
- 10am-3pm (includes a break for lunch)
If you are not able to attend your Joint Camp class, you can download the Joint Camp Patient Handbook.
For more information about Joint Camp, please call the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute at 573-882-BONE.