The medical genetics team at University of Missouri Health Care serves all of Missouri and surrounding communities. We care for children and adults with developmental delay, birth defects, inherited or suspected genetic conditions, and those that are developmentally disabled.
To schedule a Genetics appointment, please call our main office at 573-882-6991
Services offered by the Division of Medical Genetics include:
- General genetics clinics with board-certified medical geneticists, genetic counselors and dietitians for pediatric, adult and prenatal patients. We work with families to identify a diagnosis, discuss prognosis, personalize a medical plan and provide education and support.
- Metabolic genetic services with board-certified biochemical geneticists, genetic counselors and dietitians for follow-up of abnormal newborn screens, including diagnosis, prognosis, education and treatment of inborn errors of metabolism.
- Regularly scheduled outreach clinics throughout Missouri including Springfield, and Versailles.
- Prenatal diagnosis and genetic counseling clinic in conjunction with Maternal Fetal Medicine providing first trimester screening, follow-up of abnormal MSAFP Plus screening, amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, level II ultrasound, fetal echocardiogram and perinatal care.
- Cancer genetic counseling and cancer risk assessment for personal or family history suggestive of an inherited cancer syndrome.
- Access to genetic disease information for patients and professionals and educational and community presentations