A medical home allows you and your health care professionals to work together as a team to ensure that you receive excellent health care. You are the center focus of the medical home team. The health care professionals on your team are here to listen to you and take medical action when you need it. You and your team develop a personal health plan together during regular check-ups and routine health care to provide you with health education, family support and anything else that is important to your overall health and well-being. When you work with your health care team, you receive excellent, evidence-based health care the way you want it.
Your Medical Home Team
Your medical home team includes general internal medicine physicians, family physicians, pediatricians, pharmacists, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, laboratory technicians and clinic staff. We all work together as a team to provide care to you as your life evolves and health care needs change.
Advantages of a Medical Home
- Allows you to be familiar with your medical home team: physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dietitian and clinic support staff
- Facilitates a smooth transition of your health care
- Permits easy access to your medical team
- Coordinates care with your primary care provider and specialists
- Serves as a link to your community resources
- Tracks your health care information
- Manages your preventive health care needs
- Contact your medical home team when you need them
You may contact your medical home team by telephone or the Internet using secure messaging. You can communicate with your Medical Home team, request medication refills, request to schedule or cancel an appointment through MUHealthe.
Nurses are available for after-hours health questions by calling Health Connect at 573-884-2401. They will not be able to give lab results, make appointments or refill medications after hours.
Patient-Centered Medical Home
We are committed to patient-centered care. Discover more about what this means for you.