Your Child's Clinic Visit
Before Your Visit
Before your clinic visit, please review and complete the following items at least a week prior to coming to the clinic. You should also look at the things you need to bring on the day of your clinic visit.
- Call your insurance company if you have questions about coverage.
- To make the most of your clinic visit, ask your primary care provider for your child's X-rays and/or test results and bring them with you.This ensures that your child's provider has all the needed information and avoids duplication of tests.
- Bring any needed legal papers. If you are a legal guardian, we will need to see the legal papers that say so. If you are the parent, but do not have legal custody, we will need to see the legal papers that allow you to make healthcare decisions for your child.
- Write down questions you want to ask during your child's visit. Learn more about what questions to ask when you are talking with your child's doctor.
- Let us know about cultural beliefs or unique needs that may affect you child's treatment and care.
- If you or your child need a wheelchair or another type of help, or have a vision, hearing or speech impairment, call your clinic to make plans for accommodations prior to your arrival.
Day of Your Visit
Please allow 20 minutes for parking and check-in. If you arrive more than 20 minutes late, we may need to reschedule. Bring these items on the day of your clinic visit:
- Insurance card
- Please bring your child's Social Security number.
- Legal papers
- Bring a list of prescription and non-prescription medicines and vitamin supplements your child is taking. Include the name, dose and instructions.
- Bring any test results or X-rays that may help with this visit.
- Please bring a few of your child's favorite books, games or toys, or music (with headphones).
- You might also bring snacks and a change of clothes, if needed, for your child.