Our breast care team has advanced, specialized training in all aspects of breast health. We provide comprehensive breast care for women with routine breast health needs and women diagnosed with breast cancer.
Our specialized team provides services necessary to women's breast health, including:
- Breast cancer survivorship clinic
- Diagnostic services such as ultrasound, breast MRI and stereotactic biopsy
- Hereditary cancer risk assessment
- High-risk breast clinic
- Lymphedema education and therapy
- Medical oncology services
- Opportunity to participate in clinical trials or research
- Patient navigation
- Prosthetic and cosmetic support
- Radiation therapy
- Resource library
- Screening mammography outreach van
- Second opinion clinic for patients already diagnosed with cancer
- Spiritual and psychological support
- Surgery, including reconstructive and plastic surgery
A true health care team.
At Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, we provide our patients with a highly skilled multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, diagnostic radiology professionals and many other health experts to treat all breast health related issues. Our team prides itself on taking care of women before, during and after breast cancer treatment. We include our patients in the decision making process, helping women and their families understand what to expect. We answer questions, discuss treatment options, explain procedures, schedule appointments and provide caring support.
Our breast care center has received full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). This means our center is committed to the highest level of quality breast care and were awarded this accreditation by the American College of Surgeons.
Our surgeons who practice in the breast center are:
Paul Dale, MD, Surgical Oncologist
Debra Koivunen, MD, Surgical Oncology
To schedule an appointment with one of these surgeons please call (573) 882-8454.
To schedule a mammogram or cancer screening exam please call (573) 882-8511.