Missouri Rehabilitation Center serves pediatric and adult patients throughout the state of Missouri at either the Assistive Technology Assessment Center in Mt. Vernon or the Assistive Technology Evaluation Center in Columbia.
Our experts provide individualized assessments, evaluations and recommendations for individuals presenting:
- Communication disorders that impede abilitiy to effectively communicate with others;
- Motor or physical disabilities that prevent access to a standard computer or communication device;
- Work-related injuries that require modifaction of job tasks or means to control enviornment.
Referrals are received from Independent Living Centers, regional centers, area schools, individual therapists, special educators, client advocates and physicians both within and outside University of Missouri Health System.
Evaulations and assessments are performed by an assistive technology team - specialists with backgrounds in speech, physical and occupational therapy as well as technical support personnel.
As a result of the evaluations performed by our Assistive Technology team, many individuals have been enabled to overcome barriers in their day-to-day lives at home, in school, in the workplace and out in the community.
Both the Assistive Technology Assessment Center and the Assistive Technology Evaluation Center are approved evaluation sites by Medicare and Medicaid, the Bureau of Special Health Care Needs, Vocational Rehabilitation and TAP (Telecommunication Access Program for the Internet).
- Complete a pre-evaluation survey
- Obtain a physician's order
- Set up appointment for on/off site evaluation
- The assistive technology team completes an evaluation with input from all relevant sources
- A written report is then generated by the team
- The report is sent to a durable medical equipment provider along with recommendations for specific equipment or system
- Provider contacts funding source for approval to purchase recommended equipment or system
The assistive technology team and/or equipment company representatives provide set-up and training on and off site.
Assistive Technology Assessment Center
at Missouri Rehabilitation Center
600 N. Main Street
Mt. Vernon, MO 65712
Assistive Technology Evaluation Center
at University of Missouri-Columbia
AP Green Building, Room 125A
201 Business Loop 70 West
Columbia, MO 65203