The inpatient program incorporates comprehensive rehabilitation with acute specialty medical care to meet the needs of medically complex patients.
Patients entering this program have physical and clinical limitations requiring longer recovery times. This placement is for patients requiring hospitalization longer than twenty-five days.
LTACH - Long-term acute care hospital
- Medically complex patients
- Chronically ill patients
- Twenty-five days or longer
- Hospital environment needed for acuity of care required.
Patients suffering from medically complicated conditions, often with multiple diagnoses, receive:
- ongoing medical assessment by specialty physicians
- comprehensive medical management by specialty physicians, medical staff and rehab therapists.
Aggressive therapies and a complete continuum of care comprise a treatment plan designed to restore the high acuity patient to optimal health.
The Medically Complex Program cares for patients needing:
- Post CVA treatment
- Post surgical treatment
- COPD treatment
- Degenerative disease treatment
- Complicated infectious disease treatment
- Ventilator weaning
- Multi-system management
- Respiratory failure treatment
Physician directed teams provide a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment. Teams include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Specialty physicians
- Medical and/or rehab nurses
- Respiratory therapist
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Recreation therapist
- Speech language pathologist
- Social worker
- Case manager
Call the admissions coordinator at (800) 437-1554 or (417) 466-3711. Required records may be transferred by mail or FAX.
Missouri Rehabilitation Center
600 N. Main St., Mt. Vernon, MO 65712
Fax: (417) 461-5788