How is multiple sclerosis diagnosed?
There is no definitive test available to diagnose multiple sclerosis. However, a probable diagnosis can be made that can also rule out other causes and diseases. Our team will evaluate the following to determine an MS diagnosis:
- Mental functions
- Emotional functions
- Functions of the five senses
- Language functions
- Movement and coordination
What treatments are available for multiple sclerosis?
Specific treatment for MS will be based in part on:
- Your age, overall health and medical history
- Your opinion or preference
- Your tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapies
- Expectations for the course of the disease
- Extent of the disease
Treatments for the conditions associated with MS may include the following:
- Assistive technology
- Clinical trials
- Rehabilitation activities
Currently, there is no cure for MS. However, there are ways to manage symptoms and improve function and mobility. To schedule an appointment with one of our multiple sclerosis specialists, please call (573) 882-1515.