Our breast care team has advanced, specialized training in all aspects of breast health and we’re home to new technology, such as the region’s only automated whole breast ultrasound. Our specialized team provides comprehensive care for all patients with routine breast health needs as well as those diagnosed with breast cancer.
MU Health Care's Ellis Fischel Breast Center is accredited as a cancer provider by the American College of Surgeons and is a certified member of the MD Anderson Physicians Network. Our breast program is also a National Accredited Breast Program — meaning we meet or exceed all national guidelines and quality measures.
Our nursing staff includes a dedicated nurse navigator who assists you with your journey through diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Integrated within our clinic is our breast imaging center, offering 3-D mammography, ultrasonography and breast MRI. We also have a genetics counselor to further evaluate your family history of cancer and other high personal risks. Patients with increased personal risk are followed closely by our high-risk breast clinic.
Breast cancer services we offer
Our multidisciplinary team provides services necessary to women’s breast health, including:
- Diagnostic services such as ultrasound, breast MRI and stereotactic biopsy
- Genetic cancer risk assessment
- High-risk breast clinic
- Lymphedema education and therapy
- Medical oncology services
- Patient navigation
- Prosthetic and cosmetic support
- Radiation therapy
- Resource library
- Screening mammography outreach van
- Second opinion clinic if you’ve already been diagnosed with cancer
- Spiritual and psychological support
- Surgery, including reconstructive surgery and plastic surgery
Our breast cancer team
At MU Health Care you have access to a highly skilled multispecialty team of physicians, nurses, diagnostic radiology professionals and many other health experts to treat your breast health-related issues. Our team takes care of you before, during and after breast cancer treatment. We include you in each step of the decision-making process so that you and your family understand what to expect. We answer your questions, discuss treatment options, explain procedures, schedule appointments and provide caring support.
Living beyond breast cancer
As you complete your cancer treatment, you might be thinking about what happens next. Returning to everyday life can be challenging.
Ellis Fischel Cancer Center helps survivors live their lives to the fullest after breast cancer treatment. Our unique breast cancer survivorship clinic is designed exclusively for survivors of breast cancer. In the clinic, you’ll meet with our specially trained advanced practice nurse and a dietitian, all in one private visit. Here you'll have the opportunity to address survivorship concerns such as emotional, physical, sexual and relationship issues.
Our breast cancer survivor clinic
Benefits of participating in the survivorship clinic include:
- A personalized treatment summary for you and your primary care physician
- Access to local and national resources that address survivorship issues
- Education and coordination of follow-up care with your primary care physician and oncologist
- Nutrition and exercise recommendations
- Recommendations for future health observation guidelines
- Tips for managing long-term side effects and late effects related to treatment
To learn more about our survivorship clinic or to make an appointment, please call 573-882-2100.
Leading-edge research and clinical trials
In addition to highly specialized diagnosis and treatment options, physicians at Ellis Fischel lead clinical trials for various types of cancer, including breast cancer.
Related Conditions & Treatments
- Blood Cancers
- Brain Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Gastrointestinal/Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung, Esophageal and Chest Cancers
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Pediatric Cancer and Blood Disorder Care
- Skin Cancer and Melanoma
- Urologic Cancer