This course fulfills the Missouri Bureau of Emergency Medical Services (MOBEMS) and NREMT’s requirements for a refresher course in continuing medical education for Emergency Medical Technicians at the Basic(EMTB) and Paramedic(EMTP) Level of licensure, which may be used towards renewing their licensure.
The goals of the refresher courses are as follows:
- To provide a structured course of review to prepare the student to successfully complete the MOBEMS renewal process and meet section 1 of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) recertification process.
- To provide the student with information on current and emerging topics in emergency medical services.
- To provide an environment with interactive learning, hands on skill review, and provide a positive learning environment.
Upon successful completion of this refresher course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts and principles associated with prehospital emergency medicine.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the practical skills associated with the provision of Basic and/or Advanced Life Support.
- Describe current philosophies and practices regarding the provision of prehospital emergency care.
EMT Refresher – Two day course. Both days are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Paramedic Refresher – Four day course. All days are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.