Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Completed application and registration fee*
- Copy of driver's license*
- Copy of current EMS license, if applicable*
- Copy of current CPR certification*
- Copy of high school diploma/GED or copy of college/university diploma*
- Three letters of character recommendation (may be submitted separately)
- Copy of legal right to work in the U.S. (If not a U.S. citizen)*
- Complete the Family Care Safety Registration online. See registration instructions
- Complete an entrance exam. This exam may be scheduled after the application has been submitted and must be completed before the application deadline. Applicants must receive a 70 percent or higher for a regular class and 80 percent or above for an accelerated class.
*may be uploaded as part of the online application
Send all application materials to:
Physical Address: University of Missouri Health Care
EMS Education Institute
One Hospital Dr., DC029.00
Columbia, MO 65212
The selection process may include an in-person interview. Any applications received after 40 days prior to the start of the course will be subject to space availability. Applicants will be notified in writing if they have been admitted into the course. For applications received at least 30 days in advance of the start of the course, letters will be sent at least four weeks prior to the start of class. Final acceptance is contingent on results of the background check and receipt of all pre-requisites, including immunization records.
Upon acceptance into the program, additional records/documentation will be required priort to the first day of class.
See program specific details or contact the program director for details. If you have questions, please call 573-882-8018.