The 2017 application is now closed.
University of Missouri Health Care offers 12-week student nurse extern opportunities each summer for nursing students within one year of graduating from an accredited nursing school looking to gain valuable professional experience.
The goals of our student nursing externship are to:
- Provide an opportunity for student nurses to increase nursing skills and knowledge through clinical practice with a professional nurse preceptor
- Provide student nurses with a role model for the practice of professional nursing
- Provide clinical experience to assist with the transition from student nurse to professional nurse
To qualify for the program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be within one year of graduating from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale – transcripts required
- Two instructor references submitted by the instructors prior to interviews
- American Heart Association BLS for healthcare providers is required (If hired, you must supply your card during new hire paperwork before your start date.)
We accept applications in January/February for the upcoming summer.