The gynecologic oncology physicians and staff focus on comprehensive care for women with gynecologic cancers. Committed to a multidisciplinary approach, the division of gynecologic oncology works in close collaboration with other specialties at Ellis Fischel Cancer Center and Women's Health Center to bring women the very best care all under one roof. Women treated at Ellis Fischel receive the very latest in surgical treatments and innovations, such as the da Vinci surgical system.
The gynecologic oncology team provides a full complement of gynecological services, including endoscopic gynecologic surgery, surgical and medical treatment of gynecologic cancers, expert colposcopy and the treatment of pre-invasive cervical diseases, treatment of invasive and non-invasive vulvar diseases, long-term cancer surveillance and benign gynecology.
Conditions We Treat
We provide a full complement of gynecological services, including:
- Cervical cancer
- Endoscopic gynecologic surgery
- Surgical treatment of gynecologic cancers
- Medical treatment of gynecologic cancers
- Expert colposcopy and the treatment of pre-invasive cervical diseases
- Treatment of invasive and non-invasive vulvar diseases
- Gynecologic cancer survivorship clinic
- Long-term cancer surveillance
- Access to most national clinical trials including those of the Gynecologic Oncology Group
- Benign gynecology
In addition to highly specialized diagnosis and treatment options, physicians at Ellis Fischel conduct a variety of clinical trials.
Living Beyond Gynecologic Cancer
As a woman completes cancer treatment, she might be thinking about what happens next. Returning to everyday life can be challenging.
Ellis Fischel Cancer Center is dedicated to helping survivors live their lives to the fullest after cancer treatment. We’ve developed a unique gynecology oncology survivorship clinic designed for survivors of gynecologic cancers. In our survivorship clinic, you will meet with a specially trained advanced practice nurse and a dietitian, all in one private visit. You'll have the opportunity to address survivorship concerns such as emotional, physical, sexual and relationship issues.
Benefits of participating in the survivorship clinic include:
- A personalized treatment summary for you and your primary care physician
- Tips for managing long-term side effects and late effects related to treatment
- Nutrition and exercise recommendations
- Access to local and national resources that address survivorship issues
- Recommendations for future health observation guidelines
- Education and coordination of follow-up care with your primary care physician and oncologist