A registered nurse practicing since 2010 and nurse practitioner practicing since 2016, Ashley Hardesty joined the general surgery division of Columbia Surgical Associates in 2016. In collaboration with general surgeons, she provides a wide range of preventative and acute health care services, including:
- Takes health histories and provides complete physical examinations.
- Diagnoses and treats many common acute and chronic problems.
- Provides initial surgical patient evaluation and post-operative follow-up.
- Interprets laboratory results and X-rays.
- Prescribes and manages medications and other therapies.
- Provides health teaching and supportive counseling with an emphasis on prevention of illness and health maintenance.
- Refers patients to other health professionals as needed within the physician-nurse practitioner relationship.
Education & Training
Allied Health School
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.