University of Missouri Health Care applies fair billing and collection practices to all who seek our services. While we work to maintain good financial practices, we also measure our success in community goodwill and patient satisfaction.
Our staff is here to help you understand:
- Your health insurance
- Our billing process
- Costs associated with health care
- Our financial assistance policy
- MO HealthNet (Medicaid)
- Our financial assistance resources
We can also tell you if MU Health Care takes your health insurance.
Customer service contact information
Our customer service representatives can help you with the following:
- Questions about your bill
- Payment plan setup
- Financial assistance application requests
You can contact a customer service representative by phone Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Local: 573-884-3300, option 2
Toll-free: 1-800-877-2372, option 2
Our financial counseling representatives are here to:
- Help you apply for MUHC financial assistance and answer your questions about our financial assistance policy
- Help you apply for Medicaid or give you guidance on how to apply on your own
- Provide price estimates for upcoming procedures
Financial counselors are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Contact Financial Counseling
- Local: 573-884-9900
- Toll-free: 1-866-608-8025
- Fax: 573-884-4979
Financial Counseling Locations
- University Hospital
- Children's Hospital
- MU Ellis Fischel Cancer Center
- Women’s Hospital
- Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
- South Providence Medical Park