The key to strong relationships with our clinical partners is communication, and at University of Missouri Health Care, we have a new communications tool to provide you with the latest information to help you make care decisions with your patients.
Below, we have some information that we hope you will find helpful. The best way to stay up to date with changes in our operations, referral policies and more is to sign up for our referring provider communications.
Referring Patients for COVID-19 Testing
To order a COVID-19 test for a patient:
- Complete COVID-19 assessment according to CDC guidelines
- Complete Lab Order
- Patient name and contact information
- Referring provider contact information
- Specify "COVID-19 test"
- Fax to appropriate lab (see list here) or instruct patient to bring order with them to lab
- Results will be available on MU HealthConnect for the patient as well as returned to ordering provider. (If patient doesn't have a HealthConnect account, he/she can sign up for a HealthConnect account here.)
Scheduled Procedures and COVID-19 Testing
At this time, patients with scheduled procedures that require sedation, including surgeries, are required to be tested for COVID-19 prior to their procedure.
All patients who meet the criteria below will be required to have COVID-19 PCR testing ordered or completed prior to scheduling an operation, procedure or test that meets the below requirements. The results of the test must be in the EMR at least one day prior to the scheduled procedure or the procedure will be canceled.
The COVID-19 PCR test must have been performed less than 30 days from the scheduled date of the procedure if:
- The procedure requires an anesthetist or conscious sedation provider
- Any form of sedation is being used
- Risk for aerosolization
This does not apply to inpatient emergencies. The test may be done at any approved testing facility.
Our Commitment to You
The specialists at University of Missouri Health Care treat your patients like our own family and keep you informed of their treatment and progress all along the care continuum.
If you would like to refer a patient to MU Health Care for a second opinion or continuing treatment, read about our patient referral process.
Call 888-884-6836 for rapid access to MU Health Care physicians for consultation, admissions and scheduling. To stay up to date with the latest information, please fill out the form below.