The key to strong relationships with our clinical partners is communication, and at University of Missouri Health Care, we have a new communications tool to provide you with the latest information to help you make care decisions with your patients.
Below, we have some information that we hope you will find helpful. The best way to stay up to date with changes in our operations, referral policies and more is to sign up for our referring provider communications.
Changes to Women's and Children's Services
As the health care landscape evolves, we’re reimagining the way we deliver care to ensure we’re able to meet the growing needs of our community long into the future. As part of this, we’re creating one centralized hospital campus in Columbia with a new patient care tower to house our new Children’s Hospital and Birthing Center. Learn about changes coming for our women's and children's services.
Testing Required for Admissions
Because of increasing COVID-19 cases in our service area and a rising rate of asymptomatic positive tests, we have instituted the following policies:
- All patient admissions to all MU health care facilities — regardless of vaccination status — will require COVID-19 testing.
- All scheduled procedures with sedation or anesthesia at all MU Health care facilities — regardless of vaccination status — will require a negative COVID-19 test less than 14 days old. The test may be done at any approved testing facility.
Referring Patients for COVID-19 Testing
To order a COVID-19 test for a patient:
- Complete COVID-19 assessment according to CDC guidelines
- Complete Lab Order
- Patient name and contact information
- Referring provider contact information
- Specify "COVID-19 test"
- Fax to appropriate lab (see list here) or instruct patient to bring order with them to lab
- Results will be available on MU HealthConnect for the patient as well as returned to ordering provider. (If patient doesn't have a HealthConnect account, he/she can sign up for a HealthConnect account here.)
Our Commitment to You
The specialists at University of Missouri Health Care treat your patients like our own family and keep you informed of their treatment and progress all along the care continuum.
If you would like to refer a patient to MU Health Care for a second opinion or continuing treatment, read about our patient referral process.
Call 888-884-6836 for rapid access to MU Health Care physicians for consultation, admissions and scheduling. To stay up to date with the latest information, please fill out the form below.