The specialists at University of Missouri Health Care see patients from throughout the state of Missouri as well as from neighboring states.
We offer top-notch specialty care that is unmatched in mid-Missouri. We treat your patients like our own family and keep you informed of their treatment and progress all along the care continuum.
If you would like to refer a patient to MU Health Care for a second opinion or continuing treatment, read about our patient referral process.
Provider Connection is a suite of resources to help facilitate the access and transfer of patient health information (PHI) in a secure, efficient way. Read about the tools below.
Chart Connect allows referring providers a view into our EMR. With Chart Connect, you can:
- Review your referred patents' medical records, including testing results, medication orders and discharge summaries in real time 24/7.
- View results up to three years after your patients' stay at MU Health Care.
- Authorize a colleague or other staff member to view your patients' information. Upon authorization, a user ID and password are required to protect electronic patient information. Start the process by completing a request form.
Direct Connect functions like email and provides a secure, HIPPAA-compliant way to share patient information in a quick, efficient manner.
With Direct Connect, you can conveniently make referrals electronically.
Image Connect, coming soon to the Provider Connection suite, allows referring providers to send their referred patients' images electronically in advance of their arrival to MU Health Care.
Results Connect is coming soon to the Provider Connection suite. Results Connect allows referring providers to electronically place lab and radiology orders at MU Health Care and receive test results.
The Office of Network Development
Our Network Development coordinators serve as liaisons to referring providers, addressing needs and facilitating smooth transitions of care when referring patients to MU Health Care.
We’re available to meet with you and your staff in person to discuss how we can help meet your practice needs.
Our Network Development coordinators work with your team to:
- Educate you on the patient referrals and admissions process
- Facilitate communication with MU Health Care physicians and clinical departments
- Introduce you to MU Health Care providers and their areas of clinical expertise
- Present new and existing clinical services
- Demonstrate the Chart Connect provider portal technology
- Explore community outreach needs
- Facilitate CME and other practice education opportunities
Network Development can be reached at 573-884-6842.