Education & Training
Cairo University Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical System
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Areas of Expertise
- Abdominal imaging
Awards & Honors
- 11/2012 Certificate of Merit and Radiographics invite for publication “Beyond the GIST: Mesenchymal Tumors of the Stomach”. RSNA 2012.
- 11/2012 Certificate of Merit for “Imaging of Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Past, Present, and Future… ”. RSNA 2012.
- 03/2014 Cum Laude Award for “ Diagnosis and Management of Non-ischemic Heart Disease: Role of Non-invasive Imaging Modalities. STR 2014.
- 12/2014 Certificate of Merit for “Causes of Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction through the Lens of Imaging”. RSNA 2014.
- 2015/2016 Teacher of the year (Residents’ Acknowledgment of Dedication), The Radiology Dept. University of Missouri Health Care, Columbia, MO
- Kheder S, Shabana A, and Gaballah AH. MRI Grading of Perianal Fistula: (Evaluation of Imaging Sequences). Egyptian J. Radiol. & Nuc. Med. 2006;37(4):1049-1060
- Gaballah AH, Shabana A, Tabashi R, and Zakareia A. Role of Diffusion Weighted MR Imaging and MR Spectroscopy in Differentiation of Recurrent Gliomas from Radiation Necrosis. Egyptian J. Neuro Surg 2007;22 (1):259-270
- Shabana A., Gaballah AH, Wafaie A, and Afifi A. Role of Multislice CT in assessment of bowel ischemia. Egyptian J. Radiol. & Nuc. Med. 2008;39(1):45-50
- Gaballah AH and Salah-eldin AH. The Value of echo-planar diffusion-weighted MR imaging in the diagnosis of primary acquired and postoperative residual/recurrent Cholesteatomas. Egyptian J. Radiol. & Nuc. Med. 2008;39(2):775-782
- Tabashi R, Gaballah AH, Shabana A, and Eid S. Percutaneous Radiofrequency Ablation: Treatment of Colon Cancer Liver Metastases. Egyptian J. Radiol. & Nuc. Med. 2008;39(2):783-794
- Gaballah AH and Lotfi U. Radiological Assessment and Detection of Complications after Adjustable Laparoscopic Gastric Banding for Morbid Obesity. Egyptian J. Radiol. & Nuc. Med. 2008;39(3):1065-1072
- Ali AM, Gaballah AH, Zakareia A, and Abdel Maksoud AM. Endorectal Ultrasound Gel versus Endorectal Coil Techniques: Diagnostic Yield, Accuracy and Acceptance in MRI Evaluation of Rectal Cancer. Egyptian J. Radiol. & Nuc. Med. 2008;39(3):1073-1080
- Gaballah AH, Shabana A, Tabashi R, and Lotfi U. Effect of Venous Contamination on the Diagnostic Accuracy of Peripheral Arterial Disease in Moving Table Bolus Chase Three- Dimensional Magnetic Resonance Angiography of the Lower Extremities. Egyptian J. Radiol. & Nuc. Med. 2008;39(4):1051-1062.
- Kang HC, Menias CO, Matta EJ, Gaballah AH, Lubner MG and Elsayes KM. Beyond the GIST: Mesenchymal Tumors of the Stomach. RadioGraphics 2013; 33:1673–1690.
- Najafi R, Gaballah AH, Gross BH, Agarwal PP. Extramedullary hematopoiesis. Accepted for publication for electronic material on the Society of Thoracic Radiology web Site http://thoracicrad.org/assets/index/2014/Case_of_the_Month/4-2014/index.htm
- Gaballah AH, Shabaan AM and Elsayes KM. Extraperitoneal Spaces. In Cross Sectional Imaging of the Abdomen and Pelvis; Practical Algorithmic Approach. Published by
Springer in 2015.