Education & Training
Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Washington University School of Medicine
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
1 Hospital Drive
Columbia, MO 65212
- Medical education
- Value of ED pharmacists
- Patient safety
Areas of Expertise
- Medical education
- Medical myths/evidence-based medicine
- Procedural sedation
- Risk management
Awards & Honors
- SimWars National Coordinator 2016-present
- Griffey R, Trent C, Bavolek R, Keeperman J, Sampson C, Poirier R. “Hook-like Effect” Causes False-negative Point-of-care Urine Pregnancy Testing in Emergency Patients. J Emerg Med 2013. 44:155-160. PMID:21835572
- Sampson C. Tetanus after Home Piercing. Letter to Editor. J Emer Med. 2013. 45:1. PMID:23351573
- Sampson C, Renz N R, Wagner J. An Inexpensive and Novel Model for Perimortem Cesarean Section. Simul Healthc 2013. 8:49-51. PMID:23288030
- Abdelmalek D, Schwarz ES, Sampson C, Halcomb SE, McCammon C, Arroyo-Plasencia A, Stenger A, Krehbiel N, and Mullins ME. Life threatening diphenhydramine toxicity presenting with seizures and a wide complex tachycardia improved with intravenous fat emulsion. Am J Ther 2013 PMID:24096706.
- Sampson C. An Unusual Airway Injury Following a Motor Vehicle Collision. CJEM. Epub February 2015 PMID:26013849.
- Abdelmalek D, Arroyo-Plascencia A, Schwarz ES, Weber J, Sampson CS, Thornton SL, Mullins M. Factitious Snake Bite and Narcotic Seeking Behavior. AJEM. epub March 2015 PMID:25819143.
- Sampson C, Bedy S, Carlisle T. Withdrawal Seizures In the Setting of Synthetic Cannabinoid Abuse. AJEM. epub March 2015 PMID:25825034.
- Sampson C, Bedy S. Intravenous Lipid Emulsion Therapy Given Intraosseously in Massive Verapamil Overdose. AJEM. epub April 2015 PMID:26003744.
- Wakai A, Blackburn C, McCabe A, Reece E, O'Connor G, Glasheen J, Staunton P, Cronin J, Sampson C, McCoy SC, O'Sullivan R, Cummins F. The use of propofol for procedural sedation in emergency departments. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD007399. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007399.pub2
- Sampson C. Penetrating Injury from an Arrow to the Oropharynx in a Child. Visual Journal of Emergency Medicine, accepted for publication Feb 2016.
- Sampson C. The Critical Procedure: Sengstaken-Blakemore Tube Placement. Critical Decisions in Emergency Medicine. April 2016. 30:14-15.
- Cole M, Maldonando N, Sampson C, Gunn J. Evidence-Based Management of Suspected Appendicitis in the Emergency Department. ED Clear: Clinical Learning to Eliminate Avoidable Risk. August 2016.
- Sampson C, Shea C. Death by Disimpaction: A Bradycardic Arrest Secondary to Rectal Manipulation. Case Reports in Emergency Medicine. Accepted for publication, Dec 2016.