Education & Training
University of California San Francisco
- University of Missouri School of Medicine GME
- University of Michigan Medical School
Post Graduate School
Master of Science in Clinical Research Design and Statistical Analysis, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
One Hospital Drive
MA306 Medical Sciences Building, DC032.00
Columbia, MO 65212
David R. Mehr, MD, MS, is a family physician, geriatrician and health services researcher. He has an extensive history of funded research with a focus on improving care of older adults. He has received four major federal grants, several foundation grants and has been a co-investigator on numerous other projects.
Dr. Mehr’s major studies have included projects on outcomes of lower respiratory infections in nursing home residents, pneumonia as a terminal event in dementia (in collaboration with Dutch researchers), and using health information technology innovations at MU to improve ambulatory chronic illness care. He was awarded a $4.5 million R24 grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) in September 2013 to develop infrastructure to support patient-centered outcomes research.
Dr. Mehr has more than 100 publications, serves as a standing member on AHRQ and National Institutes of Health study sections, and has been a reviewer for the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI).
- Improving ambulatory chronic illness care
- Improving primary care involvement in end-of-life care
- Care of patients with dementia and their caregivers at the end of life
- Infections in nursing home residents
- Outcomes research
Areas of Expertise
- Quality improvement
- Infections in Nursing Home Residents
- Using Health Information Technology to Improve Care
- Improving Chronic Disease Care
- End‐of‐Life Care
- Clinical Prediction Rules
- Dementia Care
For a complete publication list, see: