Education & Training
Dow Medical College
- Civil Hospital
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Honors
- R.A.D Award, Resident Appreciation of Dedication Award 2009-2010, Radiology Department University of
- Missouri Columbia MO.
- Best Faculty Award 2007-2008, Department of Radiology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
- Invited Speaker, 5th International Neuroscience Update, Pakistan Society of Neurology, Karachi
- Invited Speaker, Movement Disorders Update Course 2004, Department of Medicine, Aga Khan University
- Radiology Session Chairperson, 5th Hamdard University Symposium, Karachi
- Keynote Speaker, 42nd Annual Symposium of Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Center, Karachi
- Recognition as Editor of Pakistan Journal of Radiology at 6th International Radiological Conference, Karachi.
- MagneticResonance spectroscopy of enhancing cerebral lesions: Analysis of 78 histopathology proven cases..Muhammad Shabaz Alam, Humera Ahsan, Zafar Sajjad, Madiha Beg, Umar Bhatti, Ather Enam, Muhammad Wasay. JPMA Vol 64 (2014) 1141.
- Incidental vascular findings on CT pulmonary angiography (CTPA) Dina S Ahmada, Mohammad Esmadi, Adam Todd, Kristin Kavanagh, Humera Ahsan; The Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine 06/2013; 44(2):175–182. DOI:10.1016/j.ejrnm.2013.02.002
- Septic Thrombophlebitis Complicating a Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Mohammad Esmadia, c, Humera Ahsanb, Dina S. Ahmada, Journal of Medical Cases, ISSN 1923-4155 print, 1923 4163 online
- Fracture of Calcaneal Spur: M. Esmadi, H Ahsan, DS Ahmad,, Hong Kong J Radiology, 2012; 244-6
- Superior and Inferior Extension of Carotid Body Tumors: Mohammad Esmadia, c, Humera Ahsanb, Dina S Ahmada, Ruth Govier Brush; World J Oncol • 2012;3(3):142-144.
- Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome: A case series in patients with Eclampsia; Rohana Naqi, Humera Ahsan, Muhammad Azeemuddin. JPMA, Vol. 60, Issue No. 5, May 2010: 394-397.
- Cerebral Toxoplasmosis in a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome; Rohana Naqi, Muhammad Azeemuddin, Humera Ahsan. JPMA, Vol. 60, Issue No. 5, April 2010: 316-318.
- Application and advantage of functional magnetic resonance imaging and blood oxygen level dependent (BOLD) imaging modality; H. Ahsan, M. Akbar, A. Bhatti. JPMA Issue Vol:59, No:11 November, 2009 794-796
- Diffusion Weighted Image (DWI) findings in Methanol Intoxication
Humera Ahsan, Muhammad Akbar, Aamir Hameed; JPMA,Vol 59,No 5, May.2009 322-323
- Cerebral fungal infection with mycotic aneurysm of basilar artery and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Ahsan H, Ajmal F, Saleem MF, Sonawala AB. Singapore Med J. 2009 Jan; 50(1):e22-5
- Assessment of Menisci and Ligamentous Injuries of the knee on MRI: Correlation with Arthroscopy Gul-e-Khanda, W. Akhtar, H. Ahsan, N. Ahmad JPMA Issue Vol: 58, No: 10 October, 2008
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) findings in White Matter Disease of Brain
Humera Ahsan, Muhammad Zafar Rafique, Fozia Ajmal, Mohsin Wahid, Muhammad Azeemuddin. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association, Feb 2008; 58(2):86-8.
- Advanced Imaging Techniques in Preoperative Diagnosis of Primary CNS Lymphoma
Zeeshan Azmat, Zafar Sajjad and Humera Ahsan Pak Journal of Neurological Sciences; 2008, 2(3):145-148
- Wernicke`s Encephalopathy with atypical findings on MR imaging Zeeshan Azmat, Munazza Saleem, Humera Ahsan, Kashif Mahmood. Journal of Ayub Medical College, Abottabad, Dec 2007; 19(4):138-39.
- Utility of MRI in Assessment of Pituitary Iron Overload. Abdul Mueed Zafar, Lubna Zuberi, Ameer Hamza Khan, Humera Ahsan. JPMA, Vol 57 (9): 475-477