Jack Campbell, MD, is an assistant professor of urology. Dr. Campbell graduated from both undergrad and medical school at the University of Missouri. He then completed his residency training at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City before pursuing a fellowship in reconstructive urology at the Lahey Clinic in Massachusetts under the instruction of Alex Vanni, MD. This fellowship focused on surgical reconstruction of some of the most difficult problems in urology. Dr. Campbell enjoys taking care of patients who have difficult issues and may have even had another urologist tell them, “There’s nothing we can do to fix that.” He sees problems that can be sensitive for patients to talk about, such as urinary incontinence or poor erections, and in many cases patients may not have discussed these problems with anyone else. His goal is always to be a trustworthy and honest person in all aspects of life, and no area is more important than when he’s with a patient. He was born in Columbia and considers it a distinct privilege to return to his hometown and take care of Missourians. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife and their dog, Reggie, as well as biking, running, fishing and cheering on Mizzou through the good and the bad.
Education & Training
University of Missouri School of Medicine
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- Lahey Clinic Medical Center-GME
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
1 Hospital Drive
McHaney Hall, Room MC301C
Columbia, MO 65212
- Pathophysiology of Peyronie's Disease
- Prostate Cancer Survivorship
- Role of Testosterone in Urethral Health
- Quality of Life Improvement in Neurogenic Bladder
- Surgical Education of Residents
Areas of Expertise
- Urethral Stricture Disease
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Male incontinence
- Peyronie's Disease
- Buried/Concealed Penis
- Ureteropelvic Junction (UPJ) Obstruction
- Ureteral Stricture Disease
- Lichen Sclerosus
- Urinary Fistulas (Rectourethral, puboprostatic)
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Fournier Gangrene
Awards & Honors
- 2020 Operating Room Choice Award
- 2017 Most Outstanding Surgery Clerkship Resident
- 2015 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (Junior Initiation)
- 2015 Gold Humanism Honor Society
- 2011 Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
- 2011 Mizzou 39 Recipient
- 2009-2011 Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
- 2010-2011 Mortar Board – Tap Day Society
- 2011 MU Greek Life Selfless Helper Award
- 2009 MU Silver Leadership Shield Award
- 2007-2011 University of Missouri Conley Scholar
- Campbell JG, Vanni AJ.
Complex Lower Genitourinary Fistula Repair: Rectourethral Fistula and Puboprostatic Fistula.
Urologic Clinics. 2022 Aug 1;49(3):553-65.
- Campbell J, Lee E, Mirza M, Nangia A.
First Characterization of Resident Clinical Experience at American Urological Training Programs.
Urology. 2022 Jun 1;164:63-7.
- Farrell MR, Campbell JG, Zhang L, Nowicki S, Vanni AJ.
Transurethral reconstruction of fossa navicularis strictures with dorsal inlay buccal mucosa graft urethroplasty.
World Journal of Urology. 2022 Jun;40(6):1523-8.
- Campbell J, Hayden J, Vanni A.
Biomarkers in Urethral Stricture Disease and Benign Lower Urinary Tract Disease.
Urologic Clinics of North America. Accepted for Publication.
- Campbell J, Vanni A.
An Update on the Use of Mitomycin C for Endoscopic Management of Vesicourethral Anastomotic Stenosis and Bladder Neck
Contracture. AUA News October 2021.