Education & Training
University of Jordan
- Jordan University Of Sciences & Technology
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
- Washington University School of Medicine
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
1 Hospital Drive
Columbia, MO 65212
- Role of genetic and environmental alterations in mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation in development of fatty liver disease in pregnancy
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Insulin resistance in animal models and human subjects
- Exploration of outcome research in GI malignancies
Areas of Expertise
- Liver disease in pregnancy
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Colon cancer screening
Awards & Honors
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Graduate School Scholarship Award, 1984-1987
- North American Conference for Gastroenterology Fellows Award for an Outstanding Program Presentation, Tampa, Florida, March 1997
- Medical Foundation Teaching Scholar Award, Wake Forest University, 1997-1998
- Medical Foundation Teaching Scholar Award, Wake Forest University, 1998-1999
- Outstanding Investigator in Clinical Sciences Award, Wake Forest University, 2000
- “Who’s Who in America”, 58th edition of Marquis Who’s Who, 2004
- Raymond E. and Vaona H. Peck Endowed Chair in Gastroenterology, University of Missouri at Columbia, 2005-present
- Endowed Life Sciences Mission Enhancement Fund, University of Missouri at Columbia, 2005-present
- Fellow, American Gastroenterological Association (AGAF), 2007-present
- Distinguished Speaker, Missouri Life Sciences Regional Summit “Translational Medicine: From Discovery to Health”, 2010
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology (FACG), 2015-present
- Featured in Becker’s GI & Endoscopy: “GI physician leader to know: Dr. Jamal Ibdah of University of Missouri Health's School of Medicine”, January 2016.
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- American Gastroenterological Association (1994-present)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (1997-present)
- American Diabetes Association (2005-present)
- Association of Clinical Research Training (2006-present)
- American Physiological Society (2007-present)
- Society for Clinical and Translational Science (SCTS) (2011-present)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) (2014-present)
- American Association for Advancement of Science (AAAS) (2014-present)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) (2015-present)
- Senior Editor, Journal of Cardio Metabolic Syndrome, 2005-2010
- Editorial Board, World Journal of Gastroenterology, 2005-present
- Editorial Board, World Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology, 2009-present
- Editorial Board, Journal of Cancer therapy, 2010-present
- Advisory Editor, PPAR, 2010-2012
- Honorary Editor-In-Chief, Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research, 2011-2014
NIH GRANT REVIEW PANELS
- Member, Ad Hoc, Hepatobiliary pathophysiology (HBPP) study section, NIH, February, 2006.
- Member, Ad Hoc, Hepatobiliary pathophysiology (HBPP) study section, NIH, September, 2006.
- Member, ZRG1 DIG F50 Special Emphasis Panel, NIH, September, 2006.
- Member, ZRG1 DIG F03 Special Emphasis Panel, NIH, March, 2007.
- Member, ZRR1 CR-1 Special Emphasis Panel (CTSA Review Panel), May, 2007.
- Charter Member, NIH Clinical Research and Review Committee (CRRC), 2007-2009.
- Member ZRG1 DIG Special Emphasis Panel, NIH, February, 2008.
- Member ZRG1 DKUS Special Emphasis Panel, NIH, 2010.
- Member, Ad Hoc, Hepatobiliary pathophysiology (HBPP) study section, NIH, October, 2011, 2012.
- Member, Ad Hoc, Hepatobiliary pathophysiology (HBPP) study section, NIH, June, 2016.