Dr. Bath's special interests include aneurysm disease, carotid disease, peripheral arterial disease, dialysis procedures and venous disorders. He is American Board of Surgery certified in both general surgery and vascular surgery. He trained in all traditional open and newer endovascular technologies and has a special interest in complex aneurysm disease, including fenestrated endografting (FEVAR), carotid endarterectomy and transcarotid stenting (TCAR). Dr. Bath offers the full spectrum of peripheral arterial treatments, including Ocelot, atherectomy, distal pedal access and traditional bypass grafting.
Education & Training
Kings College London Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- University of California at Los Angeles
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
In the News
1 Hospital Drive
Columbia, MO 65212
- Vascular outcomes research including Cerner Health Data/VQI
- Vascular Low Frequency Disease Consortium
- Clinical device trials
- LEOPARD AAA trial and BEST critical limb ischemia trial
- Wound healing technology
Areas of Expertise
- Aortic aneurysm disease both open and endovascular treatment
- Fenestrated and branched aneurysm repair
- Carotid disease including endarterectomy and TCAR stenting
- Peripheral arterial disease using Ocelot/Pantheris atherectomy
- Venous disease including RFA, phlebectomy and venous stenting
- Dialysis access including AV fistula/graft and peritoneal dialysis
Awards & Honors
- Golden Scalpel Teaching Award, Chief Resident, UCLA, 2011
- Longmire Scientific Day Award, UCLA, 2010
- Wiley F. Barker Teaching Award, Senior Resident, UCLA, 2010
- SVS Travel Scholarship 2009 Vascular Annual Meeting, 2009
- Rahimi M, Robertson B, Doctor LM, Bath J. Successful Management of Arterial Pseudoaneurysm Caused by Stent Fracture. Ann Vasc Surg. 2017 May;41:281.e11-281.e14. doi: 10.1016/j.avsg.2016.09.033. Epub 2017 Feb 27. PubMed PMID: 28242394.
- Bath J, Rahimi M, Long B, Avgerinos E, Giglia J. Clinical outcomes of obturator canal bypass. J Vasc Surg. 2017 Feb 16. pii: S0741-5214(17)30019-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2016.11.049. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28216364.
- Bath J, Avgerinos E. A pooled analysis of common femoral and profunda femoris endovascular interventions. Vascular. 2016 Aug;24(4):404-13. doi: 10.1177/1708538115604929. Epub 2015 Sep 7. PubMed PMID: 26346964.
- Smith DA, Bath J. Epileptiform activity during induction of anesthesia with sevoflurane prior to elective carotid endarterectomy.Vascular. 2016 Feb;24(1):96-9. doi: 10.1177/1708538115571405. Epub 2015 Feb 16. PubMed PMID: 25687719.
- Rahimi M, Bath J. Arm Ischemia and Posterior Stroke in a Patient With a Pulsatile Mass in the Right Upper Side of Chest. Innominate artery pseudoaneurysm. JAMA Surg. 2015 Aug;150(8):811-2. doi: 10.1001/jamasurg.2015.0686. PubMed PMID: 26107048.
- Avgerinos ED, Bath J, Stevens J, McDaniel B, Marone L, Dillavou E, Cho JS, Makaroun MS, Chaer RA. Technical and patient-related characteristics associated with challenging retrieval of inferior vena cava filters. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2013 Sep;46(3):353-9. doi: 10.1016/j.ejvs.2013.06.007. Epub 2013 Jul 5. PubMed PMID: 23831140.