Dr. Nanda Thimmappa is a practicing diagnostic radiologist with a focus on body imaging in adult patients. As part of her duties, she reads and interprets body imaging modalities such as CT, MRI, plain films and ultrasound for patients. Dr. Thimmappa helped pioneer services at MU Health Care including Imorgan imaging software and contrast-enhanced ultrasound procedures. She performs procedures such as fluoroscopy, perforated flap imaging, contrast-enhanced ultrasound and CT colonography.
Education & Training
Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences (India)
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College
Radiology, Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Center
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Dr. Thimmappa is an abdominal radiologist and medical director of ultrasound at MU Health Care and an assistant professor at the University of Missouri School of Medicine. Dr. Thimmappa has published in the fields of abdominal imaging and MRI. Some of her research topics include perforator flap angiography, abdominal imaging in patients with breast tissue expanders and ECG pad for efficient cardiac MRI.
- MRI and ultrasound contrast agents
- Perforator flap angiographies
- Advanced image processing, optimization of radiology workflow and technology assessment
- Automated algorithm development for organ and lesion segmentation and tumor measurements
- Application of machine learning to medical imaging
Areas of Expertise
- Abdominal and vascular ultrasound
- Abdominal CT, MRI and fluoroscopic studies
- Contrast enhanced ultrasound
- Perforator flap angiography