Education & Training
Adichunchanagirai Institute of Medical Sciences
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences
- Mahadeveppa Rampure Medical College
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
MU Health Care participates with most major managed care organizations. To find out whether MU Health Care is a participating provider in your insurance plan or network, or for information on co-payments and deductibles, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
Dr. Thimmappa is an abdominal radiologist and medical director of ultrasound at MU Health Care and an assistant professor at the University of Missouri School of Medicine. Dr. Thimmappa has published in the fields of abdominal imaging and MRI. Some of her research topics include perforator flap angiography, abdominal imaging in patients with breast tissue expanders and ECG pad for efficient cardiac MRI.
- MRI and ultrasound contrast agents
- Perforator flap angiographies
- Advanced image processing, optimization of radiology workflow and technology assessment
- Automated algorithm development for organ and lesion segmentation and tumor measurements
- Application of machine learning to medical imaging
Areas of Expertise
- Abdominal and vascular ultrasound
- Abdominal CT, MRI and fluoroscopic studies
- Contrast enhanced ultrasound
- Perforator flap angiography
A list of Dr. Thimmappa's publications are available online.